• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts not working in illustrator on Mac but working fine in other apps

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me to reset my keyboard connection? I'm having problem connecting my keyboard to Illustrator. Even connecting with cable, it doesn't work. I'm Mac user. Please, help.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be much more specific and explain what actually isn't working, what keyboard, what Mac, what connection settings, what version of OS X and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problem with shortcuts in Illustrator version 26.2.1 and this only happens in Illustrator. The rest of the keyboard functions are fine. The entire function of the keyboard it's okay in other programs. 
I am using an iMac 24" with Apple silicon M1 chip, macOS Monterey, version 12.3.1. Can someone knows what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting illustrator preferences ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I already re-installed the program. I do not know what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jacinto Dedios,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. This generally happens when the third-party application is interfering with Illustrator. In that case, you may try running the app in Safe Mode and launch Illustrator only. Then, open/ create a new document, try the shortcuts, and see if that works. In Safe Mode, your system starts to perform certain checks and prevent third-party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe Mode, then open other apps one by one, which you usually open, and see which app is conflicting with Illustrator. You can check and find the culprit app/ process/ plugin/ extension with the help of Activity Monitor, and then you'll have to close/ disable/ uninstall them on your user account and then restart Mac in normal mode.

Also, it can happen due to corrupt preferences. In that case, you may try resetting them as suggested above by @Mohammad.Harb. Reinstalling the app will have no effect in this case.

I hope it helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines