• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts not working in illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyboard shortcuts not working in illustrator and i've tried resetting preferences, uninstalling and reinstalling, installing different versions but the keyboard shortcuts still dont work. They work in other adobe softwares though. 

Does anybody know how to fix this?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Is it just a specific shortcut or all of them?

Have you tried opening the keyboard shortcuts and re-assigning the specific shortcut?

Do you perhaps have extensions installed in your system that mess with shortcuts or generally keyboard input? What else is running? The browser Chrome is known to steal keyboard input from Illustrator. Can you reboot and launch only Illustrator? Nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just a specific shortcut or all of them?

Have you tried opening the keyboard shortcuts and re-assigning the specific shortcut?

Do you perhaps have extensions installed in your system that mess with shortcuts or generally keyboard input? What else is running? The browser Chrome is known to steal keyboard input from Illustrator. Can you reboot and launch only Illustrator? Nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! I have managed to re-assign all the shortcuts by opening keyboard shortcuts on Illustrator however i cant re-assign undo and redo. 

There is no extensions installed that mess with the shortcuts too. I have even tried to reboot and lauch only Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's weird that it's happening even after resetting the preferences. Maybe reset them once more? 

Or contact Customer Care to have them take a look at it. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I agree with Monika. This generally happens when a third party or service/ extension/ plugin interfere with the keys. Would you mind running the app in Safe Mode  (MacWindows)? In Safe Mode, your system starts to perform certain checks and prevent third-party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If shortcut keys are working fine in safe mode when only Illustrator is open, then some app or service is probably interfering with the shortcut keys.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the newest version of Illustrator for Sonoma and I can edit my keyboard shortcuts at all. Custom is grayed out. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologize. I didn't see that you didn't need a cursor in the box. It is working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines