• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyword tagging for artboards that gets exported?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there a way to add keywords or meta data tagging to each artboard in AI that would export with it?

I create a bunch of icons that I export for people to use in their own docs, and sometimes just the file naming isn't enough. ie, a checkmark could be checkmark, appoved, yes, etc.  And then I guess th other side of the question is, if so, how do you use this data to be searchable? If I house a library of icons on something like a Google Drive or box.com or Teams, can the tags be searched?

Thank you.

Teresa

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try and put them into the XMP-data with File > File info.

Having them assigned to single artboards is not possible. You could try writing them as text on the artboard. When you then save the AI file with "PDF compatibility", a PDF will be inside the AI file, which has the text. As far as I know, Google can see that text. I'm not sure if the online drives can as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines