• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag with grid on

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2022 was working fine for me until yesterday then it started  to lag when I have it "Show Grid". I installed the update and that did not help. Unfortunately, I need to scale things so I really need the grid on. Any ideas how to fix? I'm working with Imac Retina 12.3.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Illustrator forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.

* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,  I thought I was addressing the Illustrator forum.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered if I leave the canvas color the default gray then everything seems to be okay.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @r0xanne,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue is reported by multiple users while using Grid specifically in outline mode on this UserVoice which we have tried to address in Ai v26.3 beta version. You can install this beta version from the CC desktop app beta section.

Please confirm and let us know if that is the case & your issue gets resolved in the 26.3 beta version or not.

Also, upvote the UserVoice and add your comment there if the issue gets resolved.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

As long as I don't switch the background canvas to white, it seems okay whether I have the grid showing or not.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that, @r0xanne. I'm glad you figured out what is causing the issue. Would it be possible for you to share a small recording of the issue if it is reproducible at your end and how you resolve it? It will help us reproduce the issue at our end, and it will help others who are facing the same issue.

Looking forward to it.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

I'm new to Quicktime Player but, hope this helps... The longer I have it set with the white canvas background, the longer the lag time, so if I keep going for more than a few moments, it really becomes unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screen recording. I forwarded it to the product team. We will try to reproduce the issue on our end. If we need further information, we will reach out to you. Thanks again!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @r0xanne,

We just need one more piece of information. Would it be possible for you to share the screenshot of your Guides & grid settings in Ai Preferences when this happens?

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

Here is screenshot of Guides and Grid in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, @r0xanne. I really appreciate it. Thanks again!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines