• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laser prints are coming out slightly pixelated from illustrator but perfect from acrobat

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently bought a Brother HL-L2350DW Mono Laser Printer. When printing a vector file from illustrator the edges of lines are coming out slightly pixelated on the print out. I have all the settings set to the highest print quality and resolution. When i save the file as a pdf and print it from acrobat the lines come out perfectly with no pixelation at all. Is this a printer problem or .ai settings?

Brother have told me to do the following process but this made no difference to the print out.

Thank you for contacting Brother Support regarding your HLL2350DW.

Please click on the link below to ensure you have the Brother Drivers installed:

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=gb&lang=en&prod=hll2350dw_us_eu_as&os=10045&dlid=...

Once this has been installed, please follow the steps below to add the Printer with the correct Driver:

1. Click on the Apple icon in the top right hand corner> System Preferences> Printers and Scanners
  2. Click the + icon on the bottom left hand side > Select the Brother printer (HLL2350DW)
  3. Change the name of the Brother Printer to "New Brother Printer"
  4. Use the drop down box called "Use" and select the (HLL2350DW) CUPS printer driver
  5. Select Add > Continue > You will be taken back to the main Printers and Scanners page.
  6. Ensure "New Brother Printer" is set as the default printer.
  7. Remove all other copies of your Brother Printer, leaving New Brother Printer as the only one.

If this doesn't help, please be advised that you will need to contact Adobe for further support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Looks like the printer is not PostScript enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us photos of your prints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_5165.jpgIMG_5168.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi the B on the right and the 'love' at the top are the ones printed from illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the printer is not PostScript enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wondered if that was the case, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I was wondering how you solved  this. Having the same problem with the one I recently purchased. Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines