Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest CC removed old version of AI without permission

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone else had the same issue.

In my preferences, I have unchecked "Remove previous versions" but today, I got all the new 2022 versions and ALL my previous versions of all my softwares are gone!! Funny thing is that I cannot choose to install an older version. I downloaded a version of CC 2014 and when I try to install they claim that it is a pirated version. How is it a pirated version when I have already paid for a creative cloud subscription?

I have machines which have plug ins that can only work with the older versions and Adobe just basically stopped all my production. 

I tried contacting adobe for help on their chat but it is basically useless. 

Their reply was

", in that case you need to refer to our community as we do not have support available for CS products. They are end of life products. Here is the link for community - https://community.adobe.com/"

In the first place, the problem is with the LATEST CC removing my old versions when in the preference it is set to not remove it.

Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I think the CC app was changed because I no longer see the option to keep older versions. If you know where it is please tell me.

You can install older versions by clicking the elipsis next to the Open button and selecting Older Versions.

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 11.06.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The safest thing to do is to just disable auto update. 

I even called up the adobe support on the telephone. 

Their answer is that they are no longer supporting the older product so therefore we are not going to let you download and install it anymore. Basically they are deciding for you what to use. It is no longer your choice.

The previous versions of CC always kept my older versions on the computer but when 2022 came along, it just wiped everything out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines