Latest Illustrator and bar chart styling

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a long-time Adobe user and own CS6, using primarily InDesign which works so well. Recent projects have required bar charts and I've been creating those in CS6 Illustrator and dragging into InD to style. I'm wondering if the latest Illustraor is more intuitive for an InDesign addict to use. Thanks in advance, Barbara

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on what you mean by "intuitive".

As for Illustrator's chart capabilities: They have not been changed or improved for about 25 years.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kurt. 

Re: intuitive, it seems to me that the user interface of Adobe programs I primarily use (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) have become more similar over the years (yay!). If the current version of Illustrator, vs. my CS6 version, would make it easier to access the level of control of the elements of a chart that I have in InD, it might be worth subscribing to it. I'm guessing perhaps not, based on your reply.

Best regards,

Barbara

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

31 years Kurt 😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But who's counting?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Barbara, as already mentioned, Illustrator charts are comparable to doters.

It wouldn't make any difference if you were using Illustrator 8 or 9 (a quarter century old versions) or the latest version to create the charts. Almost nothing has been improved since then (apart from some support for variable charts in the Variables palette).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines