• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Illustrator update not working

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Illustrator on my CC and now I can open the application but no matter what I do I just get the spinning wheel. Opening a file, trying to set up a new file etc – nothing works. Has anyone else had the same issue? I've rebooted my mac several times, but hasn't helped.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

I tried removing/disabling duplicate fonts from the Fontbook but I just kept getting the spinning wheel and it crashed my mac every time. In the end I had to get external help to resolve the issue – they altered fonts elsewhere as I also use Font Explorer. So the issue is resolved – just frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @nikkis72067199,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Please try following these steps one by one and share your observations with us. 

Check for corrupt Fonts: 

1. Quit all Adobe apps including the Creative Cloud desktop app.
  2. Choose Applications > Font Book.
  3. In the Collection column, choose All Fonts.
  4. To select all the fonts, select the top-most font in the Font column and press Cmd+A.
  5. Choose File > Validate Font.
  6. Delete the damaged or duplicate font.

Kindly update this thread if the issue persists or if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @nikkis72067199,

I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly update Illustrator to version 26.3.1 and the macOS on your system to version 12.4 and check if it works then.

Please update this thread if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried removing/disabling duplicate fonts from the Fontbook but I just kept getting the spinning wheel and it crashed my mac every time. In the end I had to get external help to resolve the issue – they altered fonts elsewhere as I also use Font Explorer. So the issue is resolved – just frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines