• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layering issues after export

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting weird layering effects on certain sections of my files when I save them as TIFFs.  The layers appear corrupted and they are no longer defined. As an experiment, I tried JPG and EPS to see if that would resolve it.  I also tried flattening and rasterizing and the result was the same.

This only effects certain areas of the drawing and only certain drawings. I am not a huge AI expert, but am proficient. What am I missing? Could I have inadvertently set the opacity of those sections and how do I check?

The attached screen shots show the original AI file and then the second shows the result opened in PS.

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

The sections in question appear to have drop shadows and feathered transparencies, which may offer a clue. AI may be falsely try to retain those effects and/ or there could be issues with hardware acceleration. I'd check the appearance and transparency panel and turn those effects of temporarily to see if it makes a difference. Then you can drill down in your layers, check the effect settings, GPU acceleration stuff, document DPI and so on. You may also need to rorder a few things in the layer s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sections in question appear to have drop shadows and feathered transparencies, which may offer a clue. AI may be falsely try to retain those effects and/ or there could be issues with hardware acceleration. I'd check the appearance and transparency panel and turn those effects of temporarily to see if it makes a difference. Then you can drill down in your layers, check the effect settings, GPU acceleration stuff, document DPI and so on. You may also need to rorder a few things in the layer stack and/ or create layer duplicates to achieve certain effects. It's certainly odd, but I'm sure it's also logical, just not immediately apparent.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DING-DING-DING!!!

Mylenium was in the neighborhood and getting ready to knock on the door! I set preferences in >Transparency per the attached screen shot. I also selected Luminosity, but I don't think that had any effect.

Thank you for your help. This had affected 40 out of 66 huge drawing sets I was preparing for a 500 page book. WHEW!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines