Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library VS Swatches question

Participant ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

I have a handful of textures I've been working on in photoshop.  I've saved them all as .tiffs and imported them into AI.

I pulled them into my library.  Which AI does just fine.  However if I want to apply that "texture" to my shape fill, nothing happens.  Instead I have to import them all into a swatch pallete and then I'm able to use it as a shape fill.  But I prefer to work from the library.  I'm I missing something? I thought it would be possible to work from the Library on this...

Thanks!..

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

In order to save Illustrator patterns in the library, you still have to use the workaround and drag an object filled with a pattern into the library. This also cannot be directly applied to the next shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Hi Franky,

Thanks for reaching out. Monika's workaround is the correct way to apply pattern/ texture in Illustrator. I found a similar UserVoice and would request you to upvote it & add your comment there. By doing this, you will get updates on this, and it will help prioritize the request.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to save Illustrator patterns in the library, you still have to use the workaround and drag an object filled with a pattern into the library. This also cannot be directly applied to the next shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Franky,

Thanks for reaching out. Monika's workaround is the correct way to apply pattern/ texture in Illustrator. I found a similar UserVoice and would request you to upvote it & add your comment there. By doing this, you will get updates on this, and it will help prioritize the request.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines