• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lifecycle Availability for Cloud Applications - 25.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator 25.0.1 containes a workflow critical .dxf export function that is broken in all of the more recent releases of Adobe Illustrator.

I noticed today that 25.0.1 is now the oldest version of Illustrator available for install, which leads me to believe that at some point in the future it will no longer be available for new installs.

Is when this will no longer be available public knowledge?  I have spent some time searching but I have not found a support timeline like you might find with some open source software projects that lays it out simply.  Knowing when this could occur is needed to so we can prepare for the worst case scenario of finding alternatives.

When it is no longer available to install directly from Creative Cloud, are we still able to access this installer at for support of our workflow needs?  If so, what is the process for that?

The attached screen shot has a "View More" option for versions, but that takes me to a page that doesn't even directly address Illustrator versions or really offer links to older versions of software in general,  instead pointing me to documentation that isn't that useful because I am already following a link from the Previous Versions section of the CC client.  It's circular, as it brings me to this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

TOPICS
Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install the current version and the one previous via the CC app. This means v25 will become unavailable when v27 is released next October, assuming Adobe maintains the current release schedule.

I have seen users comment that v24 and possibly older versions can be acquired by contacting support directly and asking for direct downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doug, thank you for the quick and informative answer.

It is also good to know that direct downloads are available, the language of the linked support documents seems to say (if not explicitly) that the versions available via CC are the only supported versions (which I understand) and given the nature of this cloud enabled product I was worried that the way they kept customers moving along with newer supported versions was to not allow new installs of the older/unsupported versions.  What "supported" meant was concerning if it meant removing access to older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines