Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line break wont change size in text box

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have this issue where the first line break of each of these text boxes is biggerthan the rest. I have the character and paragraph panels up with all the text selected to show that it should all be consistent. When I highlight the first name in a box and try to adjust the "-80" for the "space after paragraph", it does nothing. Same with the line spacing. I have also tried copying and pasting into new boxes and typing it back out again and it doesn't fix it. The only thing that works is if I scale everything up so that the "space after paragraph" is -40 or above then it starts moving but that doesn't do me a lot of good since I need everything at it's current size. I guess I could outline everything and manually move it but the list needs to remain editable for now and that's a pain. Thanks!NiceList.PNG

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Have you tried reducing the leading value?

I don't understand why you have put in such a large leading, only to try to undo it with a negative Space After Paragraph value.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used Area Type so I don't know what these do, but this could be it.

Nicelistissue.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reducing the leading value?

I don't understand why you have put in such a large leading, only to try to undo it with a negative Space After Paragraph value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had the leading like that becuase when I changed it it didn't do anything but I just set it 10 and readjusted the Space After Paragraph value and that fixed the issue! Now I'm just left with "why did that cause the issue in the first place?" But I know how to fix it now. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it has to do with the negative space-after value not working the same on the first line. 

If you set your leading to auto, you might not need to space-after attribute at all. I generally use that in places where I need extra space after just one of many parapgraphs (such as a heading or subhead)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That rings true! I set it to auto and it I just needed it a little tighter so I adjusted the space after paragraph and it worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines