• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line graph x axis

Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm hoping to create a line graph in Illustrator. I'm having trouble figuring out how to input the data.

I'd like to label my x and y axis with specific numbers. However, I don't want the points in my line to correspond with the numbers that will go on the x axis. 

For example, I might display the number 10 on the x axis, but I want my data point to go at 9.5.

How would I input the data so my line graph allows this? I have the y axis set up the way I want, but I'm confused on the x axis.  

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you perhaps show what you are trying to do because when I input say 9.5 for data, it will go there even if the x axis goes to 10. In general I have found that the axis will round up, but that has nothing to do with your data point, unless I am misunderstanding what you are trying to do (or asking).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I'll do my best.

Let's say I have my x axis numbered from 15-30 (labeled as 15, 16, 17, etc...)

Now let's say I have a data point that is 15.5. How do I make sure my data point stops at 15.5 without re-labeling my x-axis numbers? 

Does that make sense? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless I am totally misunderstanding (which is completely possible) I would think that you could see that the data point appears midway between 15 and 16. Am I missing something. Can you upload an image of what you are talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines