• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linework looks good in illustrator but terrible when I print or make a PDF

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I printed to PDF from AutoCAD, imported into Illustrator so that I could overlay the gray tone shadows and trees on the drawing. 

I'm happy with the way it looks in Illustrator (the attached .jpg) but it looks like trash when I print to PDF (the attached .pdf)

Also looks bad when I print directly from illustrator, the same thing happens with the darker lines and even dropping a lot of the lines and not printing them.

Anyone have any insight? Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it gets rasterized. Did you put any effects on it?

Printing a PDF is not recommended. What if you save as a PDF?

And it looks like your printer driver just can't work with Illustrator files or maybe is not PostScript enabled. So what happens when you save a PDF and then print from Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when saving as a PDF, it all of the lines print dark black, or thicker, not preserving the character that they have in Illustrator. ... I attached the example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the user preferences in Acrobat, is Enhance Thin Lines checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is checked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then uncheck it and try printing from Acrobat again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thin lines helped the display, but it was still dropping lines. I checked the "print as bitmap" option so that it would hopefully be processed by the software, and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so I unchecked enhance thin lines and it looks way better! Thanks! now all I have to do is figure out why my printer is dropping lines when I print the file. Trying to find postscript settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines