Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Linked pdfs resizing when pasted

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been experiencing this problem for a while now. Basically if I open a multi page PDF in Illustrator and then copy and paste it either into the same document or a different one, it changes from cropping to the bounding box to the bleed box and enlarges it to fill the same area.

I have realised that this is because the last time I placed a pdf file using File/Place I specified cropping to the bleed box in the options.

If I place a file (any file) and specify cropping to Bounding Box, and then open the same multi page PDF as before, the problem does not occur. It appears that by opening a multi page PDF it crops to bounding box but by copying and pasting it reverts to the last used cropping in File/Place and resizes to fit.

This issue is present in both Illustrator 2021 and 2022.

I really think this issue needs sorting by Adobe. Please advise if I should report this somewhere else for attention.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to make a bug report, please do so over there: http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines