• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links missing every time I open up a document and asks me to search for "" not an actual image name.

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked on Illustrator for years and I just can't fathom out what's going on!

I place the images correctly, same way I usually do.

Can Illustrator crashing cause the problem do you think?

Thanking you in advance for your help.missing links.JPG

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see in the links panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

As attachedmissing links 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you click on one of those and then click the Go To Link button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goes looking for them but I don't know which image I'm looking for as the name is blank. It's asking for it to be placed too, not linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Illy crash? Are you trying to recover a file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It had crashed, more to do I think as was working in Photoshop too on large images. When I went back to Illustrator it had crashed without me having done anything.

Losing the links has been happening all week and I can't remember if it happened each time illustrator had crashed. 

My other Illustrator files I worked on this morning are finding their links ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...each time illustrator had crashed...other Illustrator files I worked on this morning are finding their links ok"

Probably because they didn't crash and render the file unreadable.

I would have thought the continual crashing was more of a problem.

Did you just update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have recently, could this be the problem? Illustrator has crashed many times in my Adobe life but I've lost links this way.

Seems it not just me either 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

happened to me the same yesterday. Crashed and when recovered all links were gone (they were there with only the red icon but with no name was impossible to relink). Lost 1 hour of work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save more regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, it is constant and no matter what I do it wont resolve the conflict. I also keep getting this one as well at the one about the search for"" too and it is so annoying. Constant pop ups "Some files are missing or modified in the Links panel. Would you like to update them now?" every time I open the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow it's not only me then!!!

Saving makes no difference the links are still lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone suffering "constant" problems actually tried anything to resolve it like resetting prefs, or uninstalling, running the cleaner tool and reinstalling? Just saying "i tried everything" and "me too" doesn't help the forum to help you to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fional1204_1-1639406008065.png

Thanks for your reply

I updated Illustrator this morning, haven't used Illustrator that much today so don't know yet if it stops the problem, fingers crossed it does!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @fional1204@andy-mrio & @msolum,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• The exact version of OS
  • Does updating to Illustrator v26.0.2 help resolve the issue?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Could you please share a sample document with us in which you are getting this popup? Please create a package from the file menu and upload that folder to the Creative Cloud/ Google Drive/ Dropbox and share the download link here or via DM.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines