• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live Corner will rotate object instead of rounding corner

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using AI for almost a year now, but a few days back I lost the ability to curve with the rectangle tool (M). The other tools; Polygon and Star work just fine it seems to only be with the rectangle tool that does not curve when you zoom in or if the rectangle is small enough. attached is a video showing the problem I am having. I have reset my settings dozens of times but it seems to not matter, so maybe there is something I messed up because this was working fine in the past. There are previous posts about this but none actually solved my issue.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Yes that is strange behavior. Is this Illustrator CC 2022? Happens when you are zoomed in too?

Sometimes when I experience issues with anchors and handles, I go to Preferences > Selection and Anchor Display  - to move the slider up to make your handles display larger - sometimes this wakes illustrator up to an issue related to the bounding box. (see screenshot)

If you have restarted Illustrator and reset your Preferences, and it's still happening, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. Just in c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is strange behavior. Is this Illustrator CC 2022? Happens when you are zoomed in too?

Sometimes when I experience issues with anchors and handles, I go to Preferences > Selection and Anchor Display  - to move the slider up to make your handles display larger - sometimes this wakes illustrator up to an issue related to the bounding box. (see screenshot)

If you have restarted Illustrator and reset your Preferences, and it's still happening, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. Just in case here are the instructions for Preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Here's more about the process of troubleshooting and uninstalling/reinstalling: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behav...

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Laura

yes, it is the latest version on CC, and tried to update it but was on the latest version. I did In fact try to troubleshoot with Hiding the corner widget and increasing the size of the anchor display to no luck. There were many pieces of helpful advice on the forum but Eventually, I did just reinstall the program and it seems to be fixed. Shame I couldn't find exactly why it started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you got it fixed! And that reinstalling fixed it - good to know. That's worked for me too. Take care-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines