Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of ability to make fine adjustments or fine resizing

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I've been working on a project and was adjusting a rectangle shape to match that of one of my plots. (violin shape). Once I finished the shape I noticed that one point was slightly off and went on to adjust it with the Direct selection tool as that's what I had been using. And for some reason that point did not move smoothly where I wanted to put it but instead shifted to one side. I tried many times to adjust it but it would keep doing this. Then I decided to make the whole shape again and I could no longer draw a rectangle of dimensions that snap to the other shape but could only make a rectangle whose height and width was divisible by 3px. And now my selection tool does not want to move any more of the shapes on my screen. 

I've tried restarting the software and that did not fix it. 

I'm going to try restarting the computer. 

Is there any key combination that I might have pressed that would turn the adjustments from fine to coarse or is this a software bug?

Thanks 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is View > Snap to Pixel on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Smart Guides? Or Snap to Grid... etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Silviya273362952v89,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the suggestions shared by Doug helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly share a screen recording of the problem so we can assist you further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you all for the replies. 

Restarting the computer seems to have helped. 

But in case it happens again it's nice to know which other in-app solutions I can try. 

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines