Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost included image color Illustrator 26.3.1 on Mac Os 12.3.1

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I am making figures for my talk. And I saved a lot of images from a software in .png format and then I placed them into my artboard. All were ok when I was editing, until I saved the .ai file and re-opened them, all figures lost their original color. I did not change or delete any import .png files, and when i saved .ai, I chose "include linked files" option. It looks like the figure in the attachement (wrong .ai figure). Strikingly, when I saved as .pdf format, it is ok (see correct .pdf format). Who has met similar issue?

Super thanks!

Best,

HongScreen Shot 2022-05-20 at 8.59.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-20 at 8.59.37 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these normal 8 bits per channel PNG's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton,

Yes. I have no problems before... I just saw this issue after my updates... puzzling... might be the glitch from updates?

Hong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to tell, does resaving the files in Photoshop and relinking help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton,

I haven't tried that yet... I did try to use my previous .png files but the same issue appears... I may just re-install illustrator and see if it is due to some wired glitches in my updates...

Hong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences sometimes helps when unexpected things happen.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Or installing a previous version if it is a problem in the current update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hong24536148t3t1,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to reproduce the issue at our end. We have already logged a bug with the product team, and they are currently investigating the issue.

This is happening with the Ai file, which has linked images. While saving, when the "Include linked files " option is selected and then reopened, the Ai file images get inverted, or yellow color can be seen.

To avoid this, you may try the following steps:

• Embed the images in the document
    Anshul_Saini_0-1654208820143.png

• Uncheck the "Include linked files"
    Anshul_Saini_2-1654208820149.png
  • Downgrade to an older version of Illustrator 

Let us know if this works for you or not.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having an trouble in working my project because of the exact same issue. When CAN we have a fixed version of AI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Rayoung26353358mqsq,

Thanks for reaching out. This issue has resurfaced again, and the product team is aware of the issue and will probably address it in the next release. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45228802-illust...) and adding your comment there? By doing this, you'll get an update on the progress.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines