• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac mini m2

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the most basic model of the newest Mac Mini M2 (8C CPU /10C GPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) have enough power and memory to run Illustrator for graphic design work? It's for a class I'm taking and I wouldn't be using it for much else. I see that 16GB is recommended but the 8GB on the Mini is supposed to accommodate more than the typical 8GB, so that's throwing me off. Would using cloud-based storage be the way to go?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Sync and storage , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Hello @Lerwick,

Thanks for reaching out. The newest mac mini with M2 should be sufficient for working on most complicated artworks in Illustrator. However, the 8GB RAM will cause a bottleneck on larger files and when working on 3D features, as it is shared with the M2's GPU. This memory is different from your computer's disk storage (256 GB) and cannot be upgraded (on this computer) or shared with the cloud. You may refer to this help article for more information on the System Requirements her

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Lerwick,

Thanks for reaching out. The newest mac mini with M2 should be sufficient for working on most complicated artworks in Illustrator. However, the 8GB RAM will cause a bottleneck on larger files and when working on 3D features, as it is shared with the M2's GPU. This memory is different from your computer's disk storage (256 GB) and cannot be upgraded (on this computer) or shared with the cloud. You may refer to this help article for more information on the System Requirements here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info, that was very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm experiencing continous crashes when working on Adobe Photoshop with large files. System freezes, u cannot interact untill the os reboot automatically. I'm working on Mac Mini M2 16GB Ram. Any solution? Thanx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Large Photoshop files and 16 GBof RAM just don't go together well. Add more RAM seems the obvious solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx a lot Monika. It crashed working on 2GB files despite a smooth workflow. What is the limit supposed to be? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

16 GB is the recommended minimum.

A 2 GB file is a pretty large file, you want at least 32 GB, but you will like more in order to have pleasure at work.

https://shotkit.com/photoshop-ram/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend against the 8GB Mac mini, the extra RAM makes a huge difference. Your computer will have longer usability and resale value, and much better performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even think of that, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines