• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS 12.2 / Adobe Illustrator 26.0.3: Wacom Pen Pressure doesn't work (all the guides don't help)

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, I have an issue using the newest Mac OS 12.2 and Adobe Illustrator 26.0.3, although it didn't work out at all on previous versions (12.1 / 26.0.2) too. I use a new M1 Max Silicon MacBookPro (Late 2021) and a Wacom Intuos Pro S (Driver 6.3.45-2). On my old MBP from 2014 everything is fine, despite similar settings (apart from Intel architecture that is).

I can't get the Wacom Pen Pressure to work in all Adobe Programs (Photoshop which I would use too, doesn't work either). I followed guides from Adobe and Wacom as well as posts in the communities here and there (and even apple.com). I have to miss something... The settings seemed to be okay, Wacom was enabled in Illustrator. Here's what I tried yet (several times, in combination with the diffrent steps):

- Reinstalling Wacom Driver again and again and again

- Reset of settings in the Wacom app and Adobe apps

- Reinstalling Adobe CC

- Activating and deactivating the Enable Wacom Options

- Deactivating and removing all Wacom Entries in System Preferences > Security > Accessability, to get them added again (including the I/O Manager)

- Deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist

- Searching the WacomTabletDriver.app without success (maybe a Big Sur specific issue, that isn't there anymore on MacOS 12)

- Checking and unchecking the Automation, Input Monitoring, Automation options

- And some more I can't remember...

I never got prompted by an Adobe program to give some permissions (or by the Mac OS system), apart from when I deactivated the IO Manager. Anyone any advice? I already wasted enough hours with this 🙂

Thank you so much in advance for your time and hints.

TOPICS
Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Vrati,

Sorry for the late response and the trouble. I'm glad to inform you that we have tried to address this issue in Illustrator v26.2.1. Please update if not done already and let me know if the issue persists.

Kindly update the discussion if further assistance is required. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines