• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[MAC] Rotation Handle Tolerance overrides scale and selection functionality while using Wacom

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to revive a subject that appeared to have been closed a few months back.  There have been several users comment that the issue persists even with the reported fix in CC 2019.  I've primary worked on the windows side for years and only recently have begun to also work from a MAC.

The issue as described in the title persists in the current CC 2019 MAC version.  I've fiddled with selection tolerance values but that seem to have no effect at all on selection distance.  Basically, when a path is drawn (line for example), and another line is attempted to be drawn near but not too near the first path, the selection tries to grab the existing line rather than allowing me to draw a new line.  In addition, if I attempt to resize any path, when attempting to resize using the scaling handles, as soon as I click and drag to resize, the tool swaps to the rotate tool.

So, there appears to be two behaviors that need addressing.  First, the selection tolerance values have little impact whether the value is set to 1 or 8, makes no difference.  Second, the scaling paths reverting to rotate. 

I'm running MAC AI CC 2019 and using Wacom Intuos Pro.  I've even attempted to tweak the Wacom settings from changing the mapping, no change at all.  Bottom line, these issues cause a big productivity hit.  It would be awesome if a fix were addressed soon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would request if you can share your feedback here: Rotation Handle Tolerance overrides scale and selection functionality while using Wacom. – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would request if you can share your feedback here: Rotation Handle Tolerance overrides scale and selection functionality while using Wacom. – Adobe Ill...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I as well as others have already been posting to the thread you redirected me to, with no acknowledgement or response.

Sincerely,

Tom

[private info removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srishtib8795206​,,

why does some admin state there that the issue is fixed while its not??

Many people still keep reporting this. I dont understand how such an imported "little" feature cant be fixed. IT completly ruins the illutrator experience i always had. Its bugging the hell out of me because it takes much more time now selecting stuff bcause i need to do 3-4 extra steps.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have reopened the issue and it is under investigation right now.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m still having the same issue! and it´s been a year since this. Rotation Handle Tolerance overrides scale and selection functionality while using Wacom. It's impossible to work like this, is not a minor bug to fix later on. Besides the whole tool is quite inefficient compared to the old one, in years this been working perfectly and now seems a problem everything time you try to do anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to add that this issue has never been resolved. 6+ years of bug reports.

This happens on high density monitors and with wacom devices. The threshold is terrible. Zooming to 900% to grab a handle, or scale an object is completely unacceptable and I'm about to look into further action to force Adobe to address it. I'm tired of the bugs that never get fixed.

Adobe is a daily source of stress and they couldn't care less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines