Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic Mouse oddly sensitive

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

This is my first time posting here so please forgive any weird formatting or missing information. 

Since this morning I'm experiencing weird sensitivity issues with my Magic Mouse. My screen keeps jumping around and just resting my finger on it triggers movement. Which made working with shortcuts a nightmare. The second my finger rests on the mouse a second after I released the click it moves, which makes it hard when using shift or option.

The mouse is still quite new, I bought it in June, and I haven't had any issues like that since this morning. Full disclosure the mouse was dropped this morning but the issue only affects Illustrator and InDesign. Photoshop and my browser are not affected. 

I assumed it might be an issue similar to the issue in Illustrator v 26.4.1 where it blocks you from moving an object and a little green circle with a plus pops up. However, through a different thread, I found the solution to that being going back to an older version. I was hopeful that would resolve my mouse issues as well, but alas I'm still struggling with it.

I turned off the scrolling option in both Illustrator and on my MacBook, but I still need scrolling for other things. So I'm hoping there might be a different solution to it. Did anyone experience this as well?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

It seems to be resolved for now. I pulled a dog hair out of the sensor and that seems to have done the trick 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just update?

If so, go back. Adobe are still working out how to release usable software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the update 2 days ago, which was the version I had this morning before I downloaded the older version. The mouse didn't work properly with that version either and I had that bug that prevents you from moving objects. So going back was at least a slight improvement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue affects the Apple Mouse. If it's possible for you to try out a different one, try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be resolved for now. I pulled a dog hair out of the sensor and that seems to have done the trick 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are cheaper than designers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines