• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major Cursor Bug with macOS High Sierra 10.13 and Illustrator CC 2017

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have latest version of Illustrator installed with the new release of macOS High Sierra 10.13 on a MacBook Pro 15in, Mid 2012 laptop with or without Thunderbolt display. However with touchpad control (not magic mouse) use is even worse. Ghost clicks and actions are rampant and object selection is horrific and cursor clicks and drags itself selecting unintended objects, etc. etc. I would think both my space bar and touch pad were driving themselves however these issues only apply to Illustrator and not other apps, include other Adobe Apps. Even the text tool and typing are difficult, partially with the selection issues and even typing text once the selection is made. This applies both to art-board content and the contextual menu selections entering sizes and applying transformations to objects.

Is anyone else experiencing this with a similar system configuration?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Couple people have asked me, so I thought I would share... The Dictation Setting in Mac OS is actually in the Keyboard settings. For some people on older Macs, we have noticed that they need to turn the internal mic volume all the way down, as well as the internal speaker volume. In most cases, just turning off Dictation seems to resolve the issue, but any combination of these three things seems to resolve the issue for everyone.

dictation.png

input.png

Volume.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. However, how can you use a new user account if Illustrator is registered to that account? Won't it break the registration and put it in Trial mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Illustrator works fine. I'm guessing the account is somehow registered to the computer and not a user account on the computer. I now have two accounts running using all the Adobe products. Sometimes I have to sign back into CC in an account but that's the only issue I've experienced so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a 'supplemental update' from App Store now.

Special mention—the second point in the list:

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 20.52.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The supplemental update from Apple did not fix the Illustrator issue yet. Adobe, please fix ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My tools also disappeared in InDesign and I was ready to downgrade to OS Sierra, but tried first to uninstall InDesign and then reinstall. Don't know if it is a permanent fix or not, but it works for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried this with Illustrator including deleting all existing preferences, but this had no impact on the issue on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ddavis schrieb

I also tried this with Illustrator including deleting all existing preferences, but this had no impact on the issue on my machine.

The InDesign issue has been fixed by an Apple update - the Illustrator issue is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been running high-sierra since its beta inception and illustrator has been unusable throughout. soooo frustrating. i've resorted to affinity for vector work now.

Image 2017-10-11 at 11.17.37 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blacksinai  schrieb

i've resorted to affinity for vector work now.

Because its Appearance panel, Live paint, Image Trace and its threaded text are so superior ... oh, wait ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ghost clicking and also unwanted click, unwanted selection,  click and point place WAAAAAAAAAAAAy off...  and inoperable shortcuts, delete problems, unresponsiveness, hamster wheel of death,slow slow slow, hand tools with a mind of it own and replacing current tool you are using out of nowhere... this useless version of Illustrator his right next to Atari's "E.T. the video game" on the lower shelf of the pantheon of bug-infested code...

This should thread should not be marked has RESOLVE it's even more insulting to us your customer paying every month for software that should be working fine from start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! SAME THING HERE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thomasm64231438  schrieb

YES! SAME THING HERE!

You have two possiblities:

You can downgrade your OS

You can update Illuustrator to CC2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiiiiii, WHEN theses bugs will be fixed ???? Please, Adobe ?????!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has not been resolved.  The apple update didn't fix the illustrator mouse click issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, 2 weeks later... a brand spanking new Illustrator CC 2018... still not working... nothing resolved!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crayola45  schrieb

OK, 2 weeks later... a brand spanking new Illustrator CC 2018... still not working... nothing resolved!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

Did you restart after upating?

Did you rebuild the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yes, did restart... but no didn't rebuild as selected to keep existing references. Am trying a reinstall with preferences wiped to see if that makes a difference. Not great at the backend stuff, can drive a car but would struggle to fix it! ^_^

UPDATE - after an uninstall / reinstall / restart with factory settings... still no change. Cursor has a mind of its own, everything slow-to-stop and laggy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH BOY!

After nearly 3 weeks of no Ai, a 2-3 hour session with Adobe support (India) trying to figure out why Ai is glitched so bad... they switched off the mic on my iMac (27" late 2012) and VOILA! sorted... WTF!!!

Worked on my kit, might work on others... share if you care! ^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this works for me!   AI,   macOS 10.13 w/ update.

Only thing that worked was when I turned the volume down(off) on the internal mic, and I also had to disable dictation (which I don't really use anyway.) 

Thanks Crayola45!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Glad it worked for you too! And apologies I should have mentioned the "dictation" being switched off also... it was Friday night, had been a long sesh with support and I'd had a celebratory beer or three!!

As far as I can see, it's more about the "dictation" than the mic per se. How odd is that though!

Anyhow, sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also confirm that turning off Dication worked for me. Hallelujah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dude I had this issues since high sierra and yes its seems like your fix just work, fuckn ey mac, it does not just happen in adobe program it happen with my filezilla as well, like way worse . blah, but this seemed to fixed. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, What's the problem Adobe ????

I will not pay for a BUG. I am in a big projet now and it's very very penalizing for me !!! Could I have a support ??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple people have asked me, so I thought I would share... The Dictation Setting in Mac OS is actually in the Keyboard settings. For some people on older Macs, we have noticed that they need to turn the internal mic volume all the way down, as well as the internal speaker volume. In most cases, just turning off Dictation seems to resolve the issue, but any combination of these three things seems to resolve the issue for everyone.

dictation.png

input.png

Volume.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also discovered that on computers set up with VoiceOver Accessibility turned on, the issue isn't resolved unless you disable VoiceOver.

accessability.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines