Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make graphic for hills and valleys

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was wondering what would be the best way to make something like what is shown in the attached file using Adobe Illustrator? Any suggestions? Or another Adobe App would be more suitable?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Many thanks in advane,

Christos

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doable, but a lot of work. The simpler answer to this therefore is to use MathLab/ Mathematica right away or a 3D program and export it from there as an SVG or whatever. Otherwise you can of course trace over your reference images and mangle the curves in whatever manner you fancy, it's just going to be laborious and tedious and figuring out the overlaps and coloring of e.g. a gradient mesh will be just as teeth-grindingly annoying.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Mylenium!

Appreciate your input. I fugured myself that this would be exceedingly difficult but I wanted to cross-check with someone else more experience than me.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I describe a method of getting somewhat of the way there in this topic:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/how-to-create-mountain-contour-lines/td-p/104...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot Doug! 

I certainly will have a look at your post!

Appreciate it!

Best

Christos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines