• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make mask makes everything go blank

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to shade the edges of a circle with a stipple brush and then trim the appearance so the stippling is only inside the circle and not over the edges. 

I added the stipple brushes on a layer above the circle outline. Then I select them and go to "Make Mask" in the transparency panel.

As soon as I press "Make Mask" the stippling brush strokes just go blank. There is only 1 empty stroke remaining. The layer mask thumbnail is all black and "Clip" is already ticked. Unticking it does nothing. I don't get what I am doing wrong?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you use your brush, then create the shape above the brush work then select both and then hit ctrl+7, that should create a mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's helpful for what I was doing so it works 🙂 I was following a tutorial and couldn't get the same results when following the same steps for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the opacity mask to work, you need to fill that circle with either black or white.

Then adjust the options for the mask "invert" respectively "clip"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines