• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make OCR on text impossible.

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a way to make text not readable via OCR. I was wondering if there are any techniques that are good for this. To be clear on an 8.5 x 11 page I want to create a printed document that a human can read. However, if the document is inserted into a scanning device (copier, scanner, etc.) I do not want the result to produce readable text. I also need it to be as close to the size of business letter text as possible. I was thinking there could be a way to dither the text so that would confuse the scanning device. I also wonder if I could cover it with a film, or any other method. The only thing necessary is that a human can read the text. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pctechtv,

My first thoughts were that yoou could try with differently coloured dots which can however hit folk with different kinds of colour blindness (they might appear much like colour blindness tests), or with distressed text which can however distress many/all readers.

It may very well be a hopeless endeavour, like locked/uneditable artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the reply. I like will explore that idea of colored dots. I am not familiar with distressed text. What is that? Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pctechtv,

Something like these,

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=distressed+text+font&atb=v1-1&iax=images&ia=images

It can (also) be done with any font used as a Clipping Mask over a distressed texture,

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=distressed+texture&atb=v1-1&iax=images&ia=images

And here a bit about colour blindness tests,

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=colour+blindness+test&atb=v1-1&iax=images&ia=images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines