• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make the info panel show the location of a circle with respect to the center point

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm drawing circles and the info window shows the location of each circle with reference to a point on the edge of the circle rather than with respect to the center point of the circle. Is there a way to make it show the coordinates of the circle with respect to the center?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

How about the Transform panel with the reference point in the center?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

I don't know exactly what you mean. How about the Transformation and/or the Properties Panel? Outline View an/or Smart guides shows the centerpoint if is checked in the Attribute Panel and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know exactly what you mean. How about the Transformation and/or the Properties Panel? Outline View an/or Smart guides shows the centerpoint if is checked in the Attribute Panel and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try to clarify.

Please note that 0,0 on my artboard is set to the lower right-hand corner.

I have a circle on my artboard. It's 0.75" in diameter. The center of the circle is located at x=72.5, y=24.75. On the Info panel (Window->Show Info), the object coordinates are shown as 72.875, 25.125. That, of coursse, is the coordinates of the upper left hand corner. As it happens, I could care less where the upper right hand corner is, but I care very much about where the center is. I see no reason why I should have to do arithmetic to get the value I want to know when I have a very expensive computer sitting in front of me. This is, after all, the "Info" window. Hey, Adobe, how about having the "Info" window show the desired "Info"? That's what I'd like to know how to accomplish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did finally figure out that the properties panel (Windows->Properties) can do what I want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

😉

By @Ton Frederiks

... How about the Transformation and/or the Properties Panel? ...

By @pixxxelschubser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines