• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a path as a clipping mask

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I have tried searching everywhere for how to do this but I can't find an answer.  I am trying to make a path into a clipping mask so that everything around it is cropped out so to speak.  See picture below.

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 9.09.40 PM.png

I am wanting everything beneath the top path to go into that path but when i try to make a clipping mask i get this error.

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 9.11.05 PM.png

How do i convert the path into an object so that I can do what I need to do?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to "crop" the outside content, then you need a contiguous path, which in your case simply doesn't seem to exist. You need to duplicate your stuff, merge paths, define compound paths, expand appearance and so on so the function actually knows what to punch out and what to leave in place.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which path do you want to use as a mask?
If the top one (the fox's "face"), then ungroup the object,  select all the paths. The top one becomes the mask. 

2022-01-31_00-39-09.png

This operation creates a Clipping group, the top path (just close path, not group) becomes a clipping path.2022-01-31_00-40-47.png

Is it what you want to get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines