• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making shapes from lines?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening all!  I made a design and I need a little help.  All these are lines put together to make a design.  I would like to be able to pull the shapes out so I can have a file that is a cut sheet of the shapes.  The end idea is to use the design to cut different sheets of acrylic and then put them together like a puzzle.shield color.pngjason23795197bgp0_0-1648520256858.png

End result would be a file where all the different shapes of different colors could be moved individually so I can keep them grouped tightly together.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert it to a Live Paint group, use the Paint Bucket to generate the fills, expand the appearance, clean up stray points.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a copy before you try this:

Choose Object > Expand... and select both Stroke and Fill.

In the Pathfinder panel click Merge.

Ungroup and you should have separate colored objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

other idea, after expanding the artwork, so you have no longer have strokes.

use the shape builder tool by just one click on each part so you will have a devided shapes form each others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jason,

A) If you already have an expanded Live Paint Group, you ought to be able to just open the Group in the Layers panel and delete the (Group of) stroked paths, then regroup the filled paths by colour, and take it from there; in this way there will be no gaps left by (or including unmanageable) formerly stroked paths.

B) If not, you can start over, maybe from the paths your started out with (stroked lines and filled (and maybe stroked (Compound) paths, then create the Live Paint Group and (re)colour and expand into a normal Group, and proceed with A).

Or, based on the basic stroked/filled paths you can do it in a more elaborate way with one or more Pathfinder tools (such as Minus front and Divide), which may give you a most likely unnecessary improvement in accuracy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines