Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map Charts in Adobe Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I need to visualize the market share of an infrastructure company in Germany by federal states. The idea is to have a monochromatic map. Depending on market share in the specific federal states, they get a darker or lighter fill color.

Given the frequency I have to adjust the map, I would like to automatize it so I just need to input the latest market share percentages & Illustrator assigns colors to the federal states accordingly.

Is there a chance to do this?

Thank you very much for your help!

TOPICS
Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try and rig it with variables or create a script to that effect. Otherwise this is more a case of creating an interactive SVG or JavaScript thing in a browser or simply using other tools. Another kind of hacky way might be to use the Recolor Artwork tool in AI based on "known equals", meaning to substitute e.g. a color that stands for 20% with a new one when needed. Apparently this would be limited by the number of discrete levels and colors you have available and cannot capture every tiny change, but could work well enough if you have e.g. around 20 levels of coloring.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe using the Variablöe Importer script and some other additional scripting. I seem to remember that Vasily has written about similar use cases. such as this one? https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/recolor-workflow-using-color-map-spreadsheet-vasily-hall/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines