• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

massive performance issues when viewing pixel grid

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a brand new issue, but im having MASSIVE performance issues when turning on the 'view pixel grid' feature...illustrator almost becomes unusable. As soon as i turn off pixel grid view, performance gets better again. Anyone else having issues like this?  It's making it almost impossible to use .AI to create pixel-perfect work.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What setup do you have?

And what is being affected performance wise..?

We need to know more to be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahh sorry about that :). so im running:

macOS Big Sur 11.6

2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

and for illustrator, I have:
Adobe CC 2021, Illustrator 25.4.1

My issue is that as soon as i turn on "Show Grid" in the View menu or by using the shortcut cmd + ' ,  Illustrator becomes extremely unresponsive. It takes about 15 seconds just to pan the artboard or scroll around, click events to select objects don't register for upwards of 15-20 seconds as well. Even when i try to select from the system menu, illustrator seems to struggle with that and takes quite a while to even present the menu.  But as SOON as i turn of the grid view, performance returns to normal. Ive tested both "view using CPU" as well as "view using GPU" and the issue seems to be occurring regardless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create a grid yourself with gridlines at the distance of a pixel?

Or did you select View Pixel Preview that shows also a pixel grid and can be combined with View > Snap to Pixel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding that two of us in my office are having the same issue. As soon as we "Show Grid" (Cmd + ' ) Illustrator grinds to a stop. Same behavior as you describe.

We're both using Illustrator 26.0.1, MacBook Pro 16" 2019 with Catalina (our IT team won't let us upgrade to Big Sur).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @wayne.west,

Sorry to hear about your experiences. I would request you to update your macOS to Big Sur to improve the performance of Illustrator. Many users have claimed that updating to macOS Big Sur has increased their GPU performance and helped resolve issues such as this. Let us know how it goes after updating.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running:

macOS Big Sur 11.6

2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
with
Adobe CC 2021, Illustrator 25.4.1

and still having massive performance issues, so while it might help some users, I'm not entirely sure that Big Sur is the culprit here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear that. I would suggest you to perform the steps suggested in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines