Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Middle Eastern language to work in Illustrator 2023

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working on a campaign that involves Middle Eastern language. I followed the steps shown in Adobe site: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/arabic-hebrew.html

but letters still don't appeared to be in the right direction especially when other languages (e.g. English) are on the same line. In this case, English got flipped as well. Font I'm using is Graphik Arabic.

In reference to Adobe instructions, I don't see paragraph direction in the paragraph palette nor options to select Righ-to-Left in character palatte. (Pls see attached screenshot)

Is there a separate app in illustrator (for MAC platform) that I need to purchase in order for Arabic text to show up properly?

Your response is greatly appreciated!

ST

TOPICS
Performance , Print and publish , Third party plugins , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Hello @sntm,

Thanks for reaching out. Kindly follow the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/access-install-hebrew-arabic-indesign-illustrator-CC.html) to install the Hebrew/Arabic version of Illustrator and check if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you installed the Arabic version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

I don't have an Arabic version of Illustrator. Just using the standard version of illustrator. Is there version of it in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @sntm,

Thanks for reaching out. Kindly follow the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/access-install-hebrew-arabic-indesign-illustrator-CC.html) to install the Hebrew/Arabic version of Illustrator and check if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav,

Thank you for providing link.

Few questions: Do I need to uninstall my current version? And can I use the Arabic version on non Arabic documentations. It doesn't affect other functions - correct?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @sntm,

You will need to uninstall the current version and then install the Arabic/Hebrew version. Functionality for other documents should not be affected.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav,

When I view the selections of languages, don't see Arabic on the list. Does this have to do with subscription plan? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anubhav,

Installing Arabic version did the job. Was able to flow text in paragraph and even flip words that are inline. 

Thank you much for sharing the link.

Regards,

sntm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines