• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mirror computers

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on 2 different Macs to do the same design work.  I have Illustrator and Photoshop on both.  However one says its up to date at CSS and the other is 2020.  How can I make them both 2020?  When I work mobile and save a design I have to save as an older file to open on the desk top computer.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Creative Cloud app you can search for the most current version and install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did do that. It even says it’s up to date. But when I open it, doesn’t look the same as the newer. Both computers are on the most recent OS. 

Mike Royall DesignsMike Royall Designs

|
|
|
| | |

|

|
|
| |
Mike Royall Designs

By Mike Royall Designs

| |

|

|

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check out "About Illustrator"?

Please show screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS version exactly (not "latest")?

What exact app version of the two systems?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @RoyallDesigns,

Thanks for reaching out. As suggested by Monika, you can install the 2022 or 2021 versions of Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Desktop app (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html) and make sure both the computers are compatible (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html#macos-sys).

Also, it would be really helpful if you could share some screenshots if the issue persists.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both computers are Apple. I've got both of them on the same OS. I look at the About illustrator and didn't see anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you pull down on the Apple icon at the top left of your screen to "About This Mac" you will get a pop-up window like the one in the below screenshot. It tells you exactly what version of the Mac OS you are running. Have you followed this process on both your Macs? That is the only way to make sure you have exactly the same OS on each machine.

As I said in my earlier post only the past three Mac Os's will have downloads of Creative Cloud apps available (only the current version and one back). Any earlier OS will not have an option to download. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 9.22.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not say if the two Macs have the same operating system. That is important because the operating system being run will determine whether a version of Illustrator can be installed on it. For example, a Mac running Monterey will have CC 2021 and CC 2022 available to be installed in the desktop app. A Mac running Mojavi will not be able to run any version later than CC 2020. Further, Adobe only offers the current version and one back for download and those will only work on the current Mac OS and two Mac OS versions back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines