Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Font Dialog box is not appearing

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Adobe Illustrator 2022 is installed both in my Office PC and Home PC. Although I can see "Missing font Dialog Box" from my Office PC but it is not showing in my Home PC for a ai file which font(s) are missing. I can that there is an option "Don't show on document open" in this warning/dialog box and perhaps I have clicked on this option in my Home PC:

0f2e08ad-a6e1-4575-b314-9c48358e3281.jpg

But I can't figure out an option to re-enable this option so that this dialog box can be seen with missing font information in my Home PC.

Anyone know how to enable the Missing Font Dialog Box again (for illustrator 2022)? 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences > General, select 'Reset All Warning Dialogs'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work! I have to open the Missing Font dialog box from the Type>Resolve Missing Fonts manually to check if there is any missing font in the ai file. Previously it was opened automatically during opening the ai file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue in Photoshop. I get a dialogue box that asks if I want to resolve the issue, but I don't get the resolve missing fonts box that displays the names of the fonts. When I click on Type/Manage Missing Fonts, nothing happens. Perhaps a bug with the new update?

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 11.54.10 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't seem to be a missing fonts warning. Try asking on the Photoshop board:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, posting in the right board would help! Thanks Doug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can open preferences, go to file handling, uncheck auto activate adobe fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! I'm having this same issue at work. I'm on a Mac & all of production is on PCs... the font dialogue box is no longer highlighting the missing fonts as pink... so when we're producing signs, the font is automatically switching to Myriad Pro & not alterting the user, causing the signs to use the incorrect font. The text is highlighted pink on mine & another Mac using an older Illustrator ('23 & '21). Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines