• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing image when importing svg after most recent update

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have suddenly become unable to import the full svg figures that I have generated in Python via matplotlib imshow. Before, I could save the graphics from Python as svg and then open them in illustrator for further editing. Now, I can still import the axes and labels, but the embedded image (which is my actual 2d data) is lost in the process. I cannot be 100% certain that this is because of the new update, but the same happens with older svg files and I can still preview them just fine in my web-browser. So my best guess at this point is that this is because of one the most recent updates. What can I do to solve this issue?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Barbara294598674eo1,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind reverting to an older version of Illustrator (https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html) and checking if it helps?

Also, kindly share a sample SVG file (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...) so that we can check it on our end.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines