Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse double click act as single click in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we have a problem regarding Adobe Illustrator interpreting silgle clicks as double click. It happens when I  want to highlight multiple objects in project or move them. Problem appears on other computer with different mouse too. I tried to change speed of double-click in Windows 10 settings but it doesnt help.

Can you give me some hints what can be root of the problem?

Thanks in advance

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the issue you are facing. Could you please share a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator used on your different systems
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your systems? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Are you using any scripts or third-party plugins?
  • Are you using Logitech mouses?
  • Is this happening in other apps as well?
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, you may try running the app in Safe Mode and see if you are still facing this issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i got the same issue but not only on illuistrator... almost in every adobe software my mouse does the double left click its usable but really anoying when i use another softaware thes issue never occur

I've got Windowas 10 VErsion 21H2 (19044.1466)

All my adobe softwares are corrently 2021 but happend since erlier versions

The only changes are the adobe softwares

Non scripst used

Logitech G703

Yes, it happends on other apps put only when previously oppend adibe software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines