Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving an old version of illustrator from windows to mac

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have old versions of illustrator and indesign that were bought outright some years ago, maybe 6 or 7? I would like to move the old programs from a now broken laptop to MAC. I have the serial numbers, will I be able to change the operating system when re-installing?

Thank you

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Yes, you can install something like Windows Virtual PC or Bootstrap - depends on the Window OS you are trying to install on your MAC and the version of MAC OS that you have and version of Adobe suite. A little research will be needed to get it all working smoothly, if it will depending on the age of everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Only CS6 is eligible for a platform change (unless that is now discontinued, too).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On top of that older versions are likely not (fully) compatible with the latest Mac OS anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarah,

I may be wrong, but I believe I remember a solution mentioned, maybe here in our forum, where you install a virtual Windows OS within your Mac and then install & run the Windows software in that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can install something like Windows Virtual PC or Bootstrap - depends on the Window OS you are trying to install on your MAC and the version of MAC OS that you have and version of Adobe suite. A little research will be needed to get it all working smoothly, if it will depending on the age of everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing, Michele.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines