Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving content from normal canvas document to large canvas

New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to move a very long diagram I'm working on to a large format canvas as I've run out of space on the normal format. If I try and copy and paste the content, the formatting gets wrecked for some unknown reason as per the screenshots. Is there an easy way to do this?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

I haven't had similar text formating issues when going from one to the other like you are. I think it must be because of the CorelDRAW as well that is causing the problem. My formating has always remained the same when just within the AI world.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are referring to the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the text gets those massive gaps in when I copy it from the first illustrator document to antoher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you compare if the text formatting changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of it has changed and some hasn't. I think there's just inconsistency in what has styles. I noticed there was about 300 character and paragraph styles for some reason so I'm just going to bit the bullet and manually change them all. It might have something to with the fact the majority of the document was imported from CorelDRAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might particularly mess up text.

The text engines just cannot be compared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't had similar text formating issues when going from one to the other like you are. I think it must be because of the CorelDRAW as well that is causing the problem. My formating has always remained the same when just within the AI world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines