• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving object makes objects dissappear and glitch

Contributor ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ofthen my Illustrator gets into mode where moving objects makes all linked objects to disappear or glitch. Only fix is zoom in zoom out. It has happened on multiple different computers and only with recent versions.
No fix with disabling GPU support. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

• The exact version of OS & Illustrator installed on the machine you checked
  • Does this happen with some specific files or all?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Are you using an external monitor(s)? If yes, with which port and cable combination it is connected.
  • What is the screen resolution of the display(s)?
  • What are the scale settings in Display settings & Illustrator preferences?
  • Which GPU is installed on the computers (Name & Model No.)?
  • Are you using any external GPU?
  • A small video demonstrating the issue could be really helpful.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10
Illustrator 26
Both computers got Geforce GPUs. Does not matter if it is enabled in preferences or not.
Other settings and recent software changes do not matter because it happens in different PCs.

Only thing I can think of, is that this file is originally created in older versions of AI. But even that is not very good discovery as most of the files I work on are older AI files. I copied content into new file and problem seems to go away.
But that is not good solution. In new file I still see the display of raster images changing while I move objects around. It does not disappear like earlier.

Video: https://vimeo.com/661151411 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the files, @Sorontar. Would it be possible for you to share a sample file? Also, could you please confirm the model no of the Geforce GPU with us?

Also, I would request you to confirm if you are using an external monitor(s)? If yes, with which port and cable combination it is connected. What is the screen resolution of the display(s) 1080p, 2k or 4k? What are the scale settings in Display settings & Illustrator preferences?

This information will help us investigate this issue further.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One is laptop, other is not.
Geforce MX330, otheri s Nvidia GT1030.
Both use windows 10.
No external monitors.
Resolutions are different. 1080p and 1440p
UI scaling is default.

No it started happening in a file where is no raster files nor raster effects used. It just happens some time after I have worked on the file.

Only thing that is same about these two computers are probably some other Illustrator settings or other software that are both installed. Have there been graphical issues before because of some other software on background. Maybe it is something like listening to Spotify same time or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, @Sorontar. I would request you to try the following steps and let us know if it helps:

• Update GPU drivers (https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/update-graphics-driver.html)
  • Force enable GPU performance from windows settings. Steps are shared here: - (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-110#faq-Customizing-Graphics-Performance-Preference-for-a-...)
  •  Set the UI scaling to small
  • Close all Adobe applications and go to the following location:
    C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings.old
    Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. Don't delete these folders.
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and restart the system (most important) reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change. I just restart Illustrator now and then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for retying and letting us know that. I'd recommend you to connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen) when this happens. The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines