• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving points lost any guide...

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to visualize the previous tracing while moving points? Thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

It may be that disable the Realtime Drawing in the preferences could help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefano,

Maybe too silly and simple, but you can copy (a segment of) the path behind itself and have it as the reference, in a different colour if you wish, and locked if you wish (no real need).

For the whole path you can select with the normal Selection Tool and Ctrl/Cmd+C+B (hold Ctrl/Cmd and press C then B).

For the/each segment in question you can (deselect if not already) Click the segment with the Direct Selection Too land Ctrl/Cmd+C+B; for multiple segments you can ShiftClick each.

Then you can deselect and ClickDrag the/each relevant Anchor Point, and Handle, with the Direct Selection Tool while seeing the previous shape; for multiple segments you can ShiftClick each Anchor Point and move them together to start with.

Afterwards you can just delete the previous (parts of the) path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jacob.

But my question is different... I know it could be misunderstood...that's my fault...  :)!

Probably it's a bug of the software. When I select an object, the outline of the construction (the blue one...) and the points, disappear while moving. For example, if I try to modify a square filled in orange, dragging a point I could see the orange only that's moving but not the blue line of the whole shape. I searched for a command in the preferences but nothing seems to be tied to this. Any idea? It's a bug, in your opinion? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that disable the Realtime Drawing in the preferences could help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It seems to function now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way – in case you want to keep the GPU preview and Real-Time Drawing – is to use the Free Transform tool (default shortcut: E) to move entire objects or single anchor points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but if Gpu is on, there is no trace under movements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefano, this is the Free Transform tool (E) in action while GPU preview and Real-Time Drawing and Editing are turned on.

free_transform_002.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Where I can find this palette with free transform tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh, sorry! I found it... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines