Multiply then distribute horizontally and vertically to fill whole artboard.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is there a native method within AI, or perhpas script or plugin, to help me get one shape to multiply and distribute horizontally and vertically to fill up an entire artboard?
I'm preparing logos for DTF printing, and I have A3 size artboard which I need to fill with 1.5x1.5cm logos.

I copy and duplicate them using Command D or manually move it while holding ALT and do this one after another all the way from left to right. Then I will group and copy and go down. This take a bit of time and I need to do this fast for work. 

So I was really curious if there is any way to automate this process. 

Any tips will be vastly appreciated. 

Thank you and have a great day ahead!

regards

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Print and publish , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possible method:

Apply two transform effects to your object, one of horizontal copies and one of vertical. Save it as a graphic style, then apply the style to subsequent objects:

Screenshot 2022-04-29 084821.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines