• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My cursors have been disabled! Text tool, mag tool - all remain direct select arrows. Maddening!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cursors have been disabled! Text tool, mag tool - all remain direct select arrows. I'm an experienced user running 23.01 Illustrator on iMac/Ventura. Been a problem since about 5 updates ago... Help!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you already do?

Reboot the system?

If that doesn't work, reset the preferences (which will erase all your settings).

Can you work with that cursor? Do the tools function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Problem is at least 6 months old. Yes, tools still work, however cursors with type tool and mag glass tool remain arrows, which is annoying. Have done everything - reboots, pref wipe, assuming it is a bug possibly related to an extension however I use a very clean system, NO add ons. Stumped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could contact the plugin manufacturers and tell them.

Also you could contact Adobe Customer care and have them remotely check out your system. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (the chat is in the bottom right corner)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Monika. I will do that....! Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines