My illustrator failed

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 2 days the illustrator closes on its own due to a failure. I reinstalled it, but it didn't solve the problem. Today he gives me the mistake that I do not have enough space, which is also not true. And now it saves not a color file, but some contour drawing. I am very upset by such mistakes, because it prevents me from working. Because of this, I now have to redo the work I spent more than 5 hours on

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file got saved, so the error was not about disk space, but memory - RAM. How much RAM is installed?

Also when the file opens in outline view, then this is a sign there is not enough RAM in your computer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @София5FEE,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the experience we want you to have. I would request you to share a few details along with the one asked by @Monika Gause:

• The exact version of OS & Illustrator
  • Screenshot of system specification
  • Are you facing an issue with a specific document or all? 
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Have you tried resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html)?
    This is different from reinstalling the app, and resetting preferences fix many performance issues.
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines