• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Illustrator has a problem with the color?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated MacOS Ventura this morning, then when I was working with Illustrator 2023, the color kinds of downtone. As you can see in the picture between Ps and Ai, the problem is not happening with Ps. Still, I don't know what the problem is, despite I have checked my color profile (same thing with 2 apps above), and I have reinstalled the older version of Illustrator, the problem is still there, anyone in the community can help me? Please give me some advice
Phu25199874sseh_0-1666674457534.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Hi @Phu25199874sseh @shemeckk,

We have investigated the issue, and it has been found reproducible on our end too, on Apple Silicon running on macOS Ventura only. This is acknowledged and will be worked on by developers in future updates.

Currently, workarounds to this are to use CPU preview or run the app under rosetta/ Intel with GPU or CPU preview.

Please check this UserVoice and upvote it: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45876907-macos-...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Proof Colors on in both apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have connected with an Adobe agent and the problem is solved. The problem is that macOS Ventura just released today, and it is not fully compatible with the Illustrator application, Mac's GPU is the issue, but if anyone has the same issue as I am, just quick fix this way: Preferences -> Performance -> Uncheck GPU Performance. If you want GPU Performance checked, please connect to Adobe agent to support, they helped me by running through Rossetta (I have no idea about it) 😄 
Thank all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for saving my sanity! I had the same problem on Mac Mini M1 + Ventura + Illustrator 2023 (27.0) and 2022 (26.5). Unchecking GPU Performance helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Phu25199874sseh @shemeckk,

We have investigated the issue, and it has been found reproducible on our end too, on Apple Silicon running on macOS Ventura only. This is acknowledged and will be worked on by developers in future updates.

Currently, workarounds to this are to use CPU preview or run the app under rosetta/ Intel with GPU or CPU preview.

Please check this UserVoice and upvote it: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45876907-macos-...

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem too, and the color so awful now....  please to fix it quickly.... thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this problem on external monitors. I updated my system to Ventuıra 13.1 but nothing change.

I have two HP X32 monitors and i connected one of them to Macbook Pro M1 Pro via HDMI, and other via Type-C to HDMI connector.

When i turn view mode to GPU then i get dull colors still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KürÅŸad Çakır ,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with you. The colors are still dull on external monitors after updating to macOS v13.1, but on the inbuilt screen of the Macbook Pro, colors look the same on both CPU & GPU modes. Many users have confirmed this. Would you mind checking on the Macbook Pro display and confirming this behavior?

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini 

Thank you for fast reply.

Yes, i don't get any problem for inbuilt screen of the Macbook Pro. There is not any difference CPU or GPU rendering. 

But external monitor propblems are still exist. I think this is very simple "color profile" problem. Please fix it asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

No problem with inbuilt monitor. Problem exist only external monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming this quickly @KürÅŸad Çakır @nare27830837bluq. I have already shared this info with the product team, and they are still investigating the issue. We appreciate your time & patience.

Thanks again!

- Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini has this problem been resolved? I'm still having dull colors in gpu preview but not CPU preview on my macbook pro 14 inch M1 Pro with Os Ventura 13.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dummy Fresh,

Sorry for the trouble! This issue has been fixed in the Ventura update, v13.1. Many users have reported that this update has resolved the color difference between CPU/GPU previews on the internal MacBook display. However, colors on an external display/ monitor look dull on GPU preview.

I suggest that you update your Ventura to the latest version and see if it resolves the issue for you as well.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anshul,

I update to Ventura 13.2.1 and Illustrator to 27.3.1 but nothing changed. Color are dull on external monitor when GPU preview is actice on MacBook Pro M1 Pro.

How can i log it to internal database for Dev. Team? or is Dev Team aware about this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines