Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My image trace presets are gone after updating to Illustrator v27.3

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

today when I opened Illustrator 27.3 (in Mac) all my presets were gone. Not only the stock ones, but all the ones I made.

What can I do?

Captura de Pantalla 2023-02-24 a la(s) 13.19.13.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Thanks for sharing the details. We are pleased to inform you that the issue with Image Trace has been resolved in the latest update, v27.3.1. We highly recommend updating to the latest version, and please don't hesitate to let me or @Anubhav Majumder know if you encounter any further issues.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the only way to get Image Trace working is to go back to the previous version using the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean? Should I re-install the Illustrator again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in the CC app you can choose All apps, go to the Illustrator item, and click the 3 dots on the right. Fom the menu choose Other versions and install version 27.2 (I recommend to first uninstall 27.3 to avoid opening the wrong version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had to go back to 27.2 to get them back again. Everything is ok now, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @eduardosalvador,

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Image Trace in the latest version of Illustrator. Could you let us know if the suggestions shared by Ton helped resolve the issue?
If not, we'd be happy to investigate this further. Would you be able to share a sample file and a screen recording of the problem you're encountering? Additionally, we recommend creating a UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com) and sharing it here so that other users can upvote it so our team can better understand the issue and prioritize a fix. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work towards a solution.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @eduardosalvador,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your image trace presets in Illustrator after updating to v27.3. I can imagine how frustrating it must be for you, as having access to your presets is crucial for your workflow.

To better understand the issue, could you please confirm if you are getting the image trace default presets in a new document with a new image that is not already image traced? Additionally, please let me know if the import preferences option was checked or unchecked while updating Illustrator.

Anshul_Saini_1-1677375267420.png

I appreciate your cooperation and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lease confirm if you are getting the image trace default presets in a new document with a new image that is not already image traced?
No, they didnt appear.

Additionally, please let me know if the import preferences option was checked or unchecked while updating Illustrator.
Illustrator updated automatically. I already removed the auto update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details. We are pleased to inform you that the issue with Image Trace has been resolved in the latest update, v27.3.1. We highly recommend updating to the latest version, and please don't hesitate to let me or @Anubhav Majumder know if you encounter any further issues.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines