• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My shapes are doubled in size - why?? Desperate!

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I make shapes to be laser cut, I export as a dxt for the cad software. My laser cutter told me that my shapes are huge (this suddenly), they can tell because I send them a reference shape that has the exact dimensions. I looked at my files, the shapes display at exactly double the size they should be. I don't know how to fix this, they print out as the correct size. To fix this I copy the objects, paste them into a new file, and guess what, they are the exact size they are supposed to be. Later on, if I have to make changes to the file, they will suddenly be displaying at double the size again. Then I have to cut and paste and make a new file...I really deplore this, it's confusing. What the heck is going wrong here. My laser cutter says that it's not just me, other artists that are exporting from illustrator are sending giant oversized shapes. He thinks the software are not playing nice, but this is happening on my computer, he is only seeing exactly what I send him. They look perfect otherwise. Please help, my cloud is getting littered with similar named files that I can't figure out how to delete, it wont let me.  See attached picture. The image at 50% is the actual cutting size of the shape. Many thanks for any help. Holly

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update, I just remade a file, all the shapes were the exact size I wanted. I saved the file to my computer and the adobe cloud. When I open the file, the shapes are all doubled in size. Saving and closing any file seems to ruin it. Here is a picture of the pop-up when I go to save a file, I have never adjusted these options once in 15 years of using Illustrator.  This is painful. Thanks, holly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you perhaps creating large canvas files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines