Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEED HELP ! Batch : Create an individual report on several opened dcouments

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everbody,

I'm struggling to find info on how to script my idea in java on illustrator..So you are my last hope.

I need to batch a process that do a lot on illustrator. Here the process :

1 - Open several documents (pdf, ai) in the same time that are contains in separate folder each.

2 - Create the report doc ( exactly like the report when we do an assembly) with somes informations for each open document :

2.1 - If there're missing fonts, i need to know the name of all the missing fonts.

2.2 - If there're missing link (images), same

2.3 - Bonus, i don't know if it's possible but on all link i need to know the size, the ppp and the scale

3 - if there're missing fonts or missing links (images), it's not a good files so i need to save all the bad files report on a folder and all the good files report on antoher folder

4 - Close all the open files

The big problem is that i don't know how to retrieve all the data that i need. 

For the report :

1 - I try to create the report doc from a new document that i instantiate for each open files and write all the infos on it (I don't know if it's the good way to do it, especially with lot of open file)

2 - I found that when we do an assembly, it create a report with the principal data that i need. So may be there is a way to obtain this report without the assembly ? Or May be the good way is to do an assembly on each open files and we have all the report ( but not on separate folder, but it's a beginning)

Same, the problem that is, i don't find the function to do an assembly in javascript..

Questions :

1 - Is this type of batch is possible ?

2 - Is there someone who know the assembly function in javascript?

3 - How i can retrieve the data that i need from javascript ? (May be you have another ideas)

Sorry for my english, i'm french ^^'

Thanks a lot !

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?