Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with Illustrator workflow

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working on designing supplement labels and for some reason the logo is showing extra lines around it. I've included a couple of the supplement labels with yellow arrows pointing to the extra lines so this can be seen. You don't see the lines with the .ai version of the file, but they show in PDF and when the labels actually print on the supplement. I'm pasting the logo into the label as an image.

Since you can't see these lines in the .ai version of the file, how do you even remove them? Is there a way to remove these lines or am I missing something? 

Thank you for the assistance.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

Exactly how do you save those smaller icons as PDF > Which preset are you using (Smallest File Size, custom preset (with which resolution/downsampling), or which other)?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/illustrator/using/creating-pdf-files.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your continued support @Jacob Bugge. I've a screenshot to show you all the settings before saving. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

There seems to be only a limited downsampling, nothing to explain the issue. You can see a real downsampling issue here,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolution-different-in-acrobat-compared-to-illustrator/t...

Still pondering.

I hope someone else will, too.

Someone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rather late, Jacob 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you have View > Pixel Preview turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and I did not find it to be turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to get the vector version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get the vector version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with the default compression the result can be as horrible as you have encountered.

When scaled to a very smal size, resampled and jpeg compressed during PDF creation, I can replicate the result.

Try to save the PDF with Compression set to Do not downsample

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that was a real answer, Ton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacob Bugge,

Indeed it was a real answer by @Ton Frederiks. It worked gentlemen. The trick lied in setting the color bitmap images in the compression section before saving to do not downsample. Thank you both for your patience and assistance with this. All good for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing, Mike.

It is good to see that it was a downsampling issue after all, and to see a justification of my disliking downsampling, which Ton has now proved to be an unruly beast lurking in the shadows, only waiting for an unusual workflow to strike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines