Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New AI-bug in export for screens function - temp file created instead of .png

Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bug-ai-1.png

Since the last update: when using the "Export for screens" feature, all the formats come out correctly, as usual, except for .png

Here, AI 'forgets to delete the .tmp$$ from the file name upon completion.

If I delete the string manually, the file appears fine. But it is still unnecessary and annoying.

WIN10 64, everything up to date. can anyone confirm?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi edddim,
I have done several tests but I have not been able to replicate your problem. Have you tried to reset preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Looks like you're saving the file on Dropbox or similar cloud storage. I'd request you to save the file on local hard drive first and then copy it to the network drive.
If you have similar issues while saving on local drive, then resetting preferences as suggested in earlier response should help. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving to Dropbox is common workflow. Adobe needs to support his service. Please adjust illustrator bug to prevent this from happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting, how Adobe breaks things which have worked fine for a long time, and somehow it is my fault.

My Bad, am using a service which is not provided by Adobe.

I swear that i knew two decades ago, when I migrated my team from QuarkExpress 3 to indesign, that in the end we would be milked by another complacent behemoth. I’m not cancelling my subscription, yet, but I’m selling my shares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines